Saturday, July 31, 2010

self-stitched september

So, ever since I've stumbled across Zoe from 'So, Zo...' and the Me-Made-May crowd, I've been itching to go for an entire month of wearing something me-made every day. Since I haven't actually sewn all that many garments as of yet, the prospect hasn't been so good, which is why I've been hesitant to sign up for Self-Stitched September. However - I really, really want to take part, so I've decided that I will, if I manage to sew at least four or five of the following garments during the month of August:

  • a couple of long-sleeved shirts
  • a couple of everyday, not too summery dresses
  • a couple of basic-but-fun skirts that also work worn with tights or leggins
  • a couple of mix'n'match-friendly tops or blouses
  • undergarments

I guess I'm aiming for SSS light, wearing at least one me-made garment every day. We'll see how it works out, since September is going to be a little hectic for me - I'm leaving for a four-month trip around the world at the beginning of October and almost all of August will be spent at my parents' home... So I guess I'll need to get going! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Loving your tops! I've got to get in a few items for SSS, too! It's definitely made me think a little more practically in sewing :) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete