Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Hepburn & Hepburn project

Sarah from Rhinestones & Telephones invited me to join her fall/winter sewing project, inspired by Kathrine and Audrey Hepburn.


While I don't think I can rock Kate's way of dressing, I really love Audrey's classical and feminine style. She's an icon and I think my wardrobe would profit from some items inspired by her. I don't know what I want to sew yet, and I also don't know when I'll manage it - I foresee September being rather hectic, since I'll be on a trip around the world from October to January. Also, I don't think my sewing machine will fit into my backpack...

Still, I think the project is a fabulous idea and I've already resolved to watch some of Audrey's movies (like Sabrina and Roman Holiday) sometime soon, to get into the proper mindset. So thanks, Sarah, for setting up such a cool project and I hope I can participate! Oh, and before I forget, I present you the Hepburn Hepburn flickr group!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for joining! :) There's no real deadline with this project. I'm personally hoping to have my items finished by Christmas. However, finishing sometime before spring is a great goal.

    Have a fantastic trip. Will you be posting while travelling?

    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a German blog where I will post about my traveling for my family and friends, but I'm pretty sure I will at least post pics from time to time. I'm resolved to have a look at the thrift and fabric stores wherever I go, so I'll have to post about my findings, too. :)

    ReplyDelete