Wednesday, October 6, 2010

the ruffle blouse again

I feel like I've gotten next to no sleep in the past week, with 3 going-away parties (including mine), a birthday and almost half a dozen let's-have-a-coffee-before-you're-away-for-4-months-dates, not to mention all the stuff that needed doing before I start my travels and a visiting friend. Nonetheless, the weather was so nice on Friday, I just had to take the time and take my ruffle top and camera to Tiergarten, to go for a walk and take a few pics. As you can see, it wasn't very warm, but beautiful.

Luckily, it was warm enough that I didn't mind taking off my top two layers of clothing for a couple of photographs.

I love that my camera has enough of a wide angle to take halfway decent self-portraits without a tripod... Afterwards, I wandered over to the Holocaust Memorial to take some more pictures.

I'm a little sad that I had nobody else with me, because it's a pretty cool place for portraits...

It seems that I won't be able to finish the projects I wanted to get in before going traveling (meaning, the linen trousers and a black pair of trousers and a blue pencil skirt), as I'm leaving for my parents' the day after tomorrow. I'm taking my half-finished fleece cardi with me to finish at home, though, because I'm pretty sure that I'll need to use it a lot...

At least that way I know what I'll sew first when I get back... ;) I'm so going to need trousers for Me-Made March!

I'll leave you with a picture of my self-stitched/refashioned going-away-science-fiction-costume-party-costume. Not a full body shot, and I started making it 3 years ago for another costume party. The top is hand-stitched (I didn't have a sewing machine back then) and I had the glorious idea to stitch a cotton woven fabric onto a knit t-shirt and skirt to get the Star Trek skant uniform look... But I love the look of this kind of uniform, so I'm definitely going to make a new and improved version (from knits *or* wovens only, this time!) for carnival next year!

And look, I have spots! I'm a Trill...! (Ok, over with the sci-fi nerdy talk already...)

Have a good week everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely top. It suits you. I also like the building view. Must visit Berlin sometime. Enjoy your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like a wonderful location for photography, even if a very sad and evocative atmosphere...
    I love your top. Looks really cool!
    Thankyou so much for your comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love your earmuffs and the Star Trek uniform! I'm such a trekkie...

    What a profoundly sad and beautiful place the Holocast memorial is. It would be lovely to see more photos of it.

    Safe journey!

    ReplyDelete