Wednesday, December 8, 2010

standing still

So yes, I'm still enjoying my travels! 

I have been in New Plymouth, Taranaki for the past almost 4 weeks, working at the hospital as a trainee doctor and exploring the places around here.

Two other medical students from England were working with me, and we spent so much time together exploring and talking, cooking and walking around and watching TV, that I hardly spent any time on the internet... 

But it was fun! There are so many beautiful places around here!

(Oh, and I thrifted a really comfy and nice red jersey dress from a salvation army shop in taupo, you can see it in the photo below - I love it!)

My travels continue on Friday, when I make my way to Wellington and from there to the South Island.

Blenheim, Kaikoura, Milford Sounds, Queenstown...

If everything goes well, I'll be going whale watching! And Wine Tasting! (I'll probably skip the Skydiving, though...)

Of couse I've also been a very bad backpacker and hit the fabric store here - not a good idea (for my back) but so many nice fabrics in patterns that I probably won't ever get in Germany! Cute Asian border print canvas, some upholstery fabric scraps for the Desigual inspired garments I've on my to-make list, huge polka-dots on satiny black, sewing novelty fabric... I haven't taken pictures yet, but I'll post them soon - as well as a shopping spotlight blog that I've been meaning to write since I went to Auckland...

Have a nice rest of the week, everybody, and Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow!! What gorgeous photos! Talk about a great place to work as a trainee doctor :) I love your pretty red dress - it looks lovely on you. Looking forward to seeing some fabric pics, too. :)

    ReplyDelete