Friday, February 11, 2011

ok, so I'm a lazy bug

It's kind of awful, how much I've been lazing around since getting back to Berlin last Sunday... So many things I've been meaning to do, starting with spring cleaning, not to speak of beginning The Big Wardrobe Cull, starting on sewing for the Colette Spring Palette Challenge and on the two wintery dresses I'd like to make before spring starts, finishing my travelling blog posts on my personal blog, or doing anything else mildly constructive. (Oh. I did put together my inspiration pics for the challenge. And I pre-washed some fabric...) Or the wardrobe capsule I'd mentioned I want to make.

I did manage to spend a nice and lazy couple of days with my boyfriend, meet various friends for drinks and dinner and buy presents for my boyfriend's birthday, though, so the time wasn't altogether wasted. :)

I'd better start sewing soon, though, since Me-Made-March is a scant two weeks away and I have only a couple of cold-weather appropriate clothes. Lucky thing I'm going on a family vacation to Portugal for a week! At least some of my summer clothing will see some wear. :)

While we're at it - here are the projects I've put on my immediate to-do list:

The Colette Spring Palette Challenge:

Spring for me is green meadows, blue skies, crisp air and the first colorful flowers. While I love the pastelly inspiration boards of a lot of the other participants, light colors make me look pale and mousy so I went with a more vibrant color scheme.

I'm using the challenge as an excuse to "join" two sewalongs that have actually already concluded: Gertie's Crêpe Sew-along (I'm making it in a red polka dot cotton) and Sunni's Trouser Sew-along (self-drafted sailor-pants in either black or dark blue). I'm also hoping to make a dress that has been on my to-sew list for over a year, a short vintage-inspired number in navy pin dots with a white yoke that I will probably try to draft myself.

I'm also joining Me-Made-March '11:

'I, Alessa from http://farben-freude.blogspot.com, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-March '11. I endeavour to wear at least two hand-made or refashioned garments or accessories, but preferably more than that, each day for the duration of March 2011'

Which means that there's a whole list of things I'm going to need to sew, probably including sleepwear, lounge-pants, leggins, a couple more warmish tops and a skirt or three. And I'd better plan them out, so I will end up with separates that I can mix&match. Also, since some of them are going to be made of knit fabric, I'm planning on visiting the local sewing café Stitch'n'Bitch, so I can have a crack at using an overlock machine.

Oooh, that's a long to-do list for February/March!

What are your sewing plans for spring?

3 comments:

  1. Me too! Me-Made-March, here we go. Although, I don't think I'll be doing at least 2-items. Baby steps I guess. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking I may have overstepped myself with the two items. I did Self-Stitched September with one and it worked out fine, but I wore the same two or three outfits like a hundred times... I guess I'll have to make some accessory/jewelry stuff to be on the safe side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous inspiration board! I agree about loving the pastels on others, but sticking to more vibrant colors for myself (plus, then you can try to sneak your spring clothing into the fall transition wear!)

    And glad to see you'll be participating in MMM too! Two items is quite ambitious, I'm sure you'll pull it off though =).

    ReplyDelete