Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

Hi everybody! I hope you had a nice and relaxing Easter weekend! Living in Germany, I was lucky enough to have an extra long weekend (Friday and Monday are both bank holidays) and due to the wonderful weather, my me-mades got a pretty good work-out. I wore the cherry blossom skirt on Friday and Saturday and the Elvis skirt for a field trip to a former US espionage station on Sunday.

Since I haven't started on a lighter petticoat yet, I wore a black skirt underneath (same one I wore for the costume party during MMMar'11) and paired it with black leggins and flats. I was very pleased with the rock'n'roll-y look. :)

Today I had some friends over for brunch (which ended up lasting until 7pm and I'm still plenty full...) and I decided to wear my polka-dot Crepe. I got lots of compliments for it and also two I-don't-know-how-serious requests for dresses from two of my friends. (I didn't totally appreciate the "I saw this cute dress but it cost 40 bucks, could you sew it for less?" but the other friend was a little more sensitive and both have birthdays coming up, so we might come to an arrangement... ;) I exchanged the slightly-restricting-around-the-sleeves Crepe for last year's polka dot jersey skirt in the afternoon, since we were lounging around on cushions on the floor, so that's 4 me-mades worn in 4 days. :)

I got some sewing done on Friday and Saturday, so now my navy pair of trousers only wants a (yet to be drafted) waistband, some buttons and a hemming. It might be the linen, which has a bit of a give to it, but they turned out to fit pretty decently! We'll see if the waistband changes any of that...

I also started drafting my last Spring Palette item, the navy polka-dot dress with the white yoke. I'm not quite sure how it'll turn out, but I used my only custom-fitted bodice pattern as a base - the Crepe bodice. Well, the front part, anyway. Not quite sure how I'll tackle the back bodice.

Maybe I'll use my soon-to-be-finished paper-mache-me! My friend came over for putting me in a cast on Saturday (and even ran over to the apothecary/pharmacy to get a couple additional plaster bandages when we ran out), so now I'll only have to make some paper mache, fill the cast form, and put the pieces together...

So did you have any adventures over the weekend, sewing or otherwise? Have a wonderful week!

7 comments:

  1. I love that Elvis skirt - it's fab!! Looks great with the black skirt underneath. My me-mades got a workout this weekend, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute in your first picture. I love the greenish color of the skirt! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i'm so excited for your paper mache me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your clothes are too cute!

    I tried making my own dress form once with duct tape. It worked for awhile... I need to invest in a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see how your body double turns out. It looks like you're doing a good job there. Cute room in the background, is it your place?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the comments and compliments! :) Paper mache me is still in the workings, but I hope it'll turn out well!
    @Sewing Princess: Yup, that's the eating corner of my living room. I think I may take some more photos soon and join your sewing space feature... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to your self-drafted dress and all your other sewing adventures :)

    ReplyDelete