Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tutorials & Things I like 4

It's almost Me-Made June and the beginning of Summer Essentials! :) In preparation, I made a pair of leggins last week and managed to finish my green wrap dress nary half an hour ago, but as it's already dark outside, photos will have to wait for tomorrow.

I wanted to do a little round-up of interesting tutorials I have seen the last couple of weeks, since I always forget where I saw them and then have to google endlessly...

Here are some good ones by Sunni aka the Cupcake Goddess, as part of the Ginger Sew-along:

Boning the Waistband - a tutorial by Gertie
Bias Sewing Tips
Adding Piping
Adding Pockets

And also some lovely tutorials by Tasia from Sewaholic, as part of her Crescent Skirt Sew-along

Topstitching, Understitching and Ditch-stitching
Hemming a Skirt with Seam Binding
Plus some genious instructions to sew your zipper to the facing before adding both to the garment...


Also: Lace-trimmed bias tape by Curves, Patterns, Pins

Cute fabric-covered button earrings by Sami Teasdale

And a pretty awesome looking free vintage dress pattern curtesey of Neu4bauer


I also made some lovely cool soup mixed from two recipes by Tartelette today: Lemon Cucumber & Pea Soup plus Asparagus & Pea Soup made for some lovely, room-temperature green summer soup. Summer is definitely on!

Have you stumbled over anything awesome among the internets lately? Do share! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great list! Thanks for posting this! :-)

    ReplyDelete