Monday, July 4, 2011

Paying it forward 2011

So, I'm probably the most forgetful person in recent history. Which is ok, I guess, since usually something comes along to thump me on the back of my head, reminding me of the things I'd forgotten. If not, they can't have been that important, right? ;)

Anyway, months ago, Oona posted about "Paying it forward 2011", a lovely blog project, promising the first 5 commentors something handmade, if they agreed to paying it forward themselves and give away something handmade to their first five commentors. Since I love getting packages so much, I'd do practically anything to recieve a little gift in the mail - including sending out 5 little gifts myself ;) - I jumped at the chance and commented. Then I promptly forgot all about it.

But, dear Oona, you won't get out of standing in line again, because I remembered. :D And I do hereby promise to send something cute and handmade to the first five people who comment and say they want to participate, as soon as they blog about it and promise to do the same.

And honestly? I really do think that the principle is a great way of making the world a better place... :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    I would like to take part. I will try not to be forgetful about it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! Love the idea. Expect to see a post about it on my blog later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for taking part in this wonderful community-building idea. I won't take part this time as I have a full schedule at the mo... but good luck with your gifts. I'm sure what you choose to make will be lovely!
    Thanks for your comment, and you were pretty close with your first guess ;)
    Is it really 15C where you are? Wow! We are actually warmer than you today here, but everybody thinks it's freezing! I hope you get some lovely warm summer weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, Minnado & Stitch Parade, you're in! I'm following your blogs anyway, so I'll contact you for addresses as soon as the posts are up. You may have to wait for your gift a little bit, since I'll most likely have to wait until after exams next week to make them...

    @Carolyn: Yay, gloves! :) Thankfully, we were loads more lucky with the weather in the last few days...

    ReplyDelete