Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Self-Stitched Weekend & Exciting Things

So, this weekend we were blessed with some more sunny, end-of summer weather. So much that we just had to go and spend some time sitting in the park. Short-sleeved! On blankets!

And have some frozen yoghurt. With cherry sauce and crumbled oreos. Yum! :)



I even took my self-drafted green wrap dress for another spin on Sunday. Albeit with tights and a slip, but that means I can wear it for some more weeks, yet!


Also, some exciting things happened!

Minnado recently bought the newest Ottobre Woman issue. Honestly, I've been looking at those magazines for ages, but I've never been *quite* sure if I wanted to buy them. They have a lot of cute patterns, but also a lot of basic knit patterns, and I always think "oh, I can draft those myself". Although honestly, I almost never do... So, I decided to look over the back issues and buy the issue with the most patterns I liked in it. In the end, I got two. The Autumn issues for 2008 and 2010. They get here in, like, 3 weeks. I can't wait! :)

Also, I decided to get some personalized sew-in labels today. Everybody seems to have them and they look so freakin' awesome! (Hmm, a lot of my recent shopping seems to be motivated by jealousy...) Who knows how long they will take to get to me... but then again, I love waiting on the postman when I know there are going to be packages for me! ;)

Exciting thing no. 3: Lisette tagged me for a Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you, Lisette! :)
These are the rules:

1. Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post
2. Share 7 things about yourself 
3. Pass this award along to recently discovered blogs
So, seven things about myself... (hmm, this is hard...)

1. I can never decide on a favorite color, though if hard pressed, I'd probably say it was green. Or does polka dot count?
2. Before starting this sewing blog, I was writing a personal blog/diary of sorts for 6 years, which no-one ever read. :)
3. The most expensive fabric I ever bought (for a whopping 17,60€/m) ended up a wadder - my boyfriend calls it the Potato Sack Dress. Which may be the reason why I don't buy expensive fabrics anymore...
4. At any given time, I have at least three favorite foods, which at the moment are Vietnamese rice noodle salad, Käsespätzle and grilled feta cheese.
5. I've been drinking (and enjoying) dry red wine, whisky and other "acquired tastes" for practically ages, but only just now started to like beer.
6. I may be in love with the whole cast of Leverage. They are all so adorable!
7. I like to make little lists, but it usually takes me ages to get around and actually do them. I guess they are more like a way for me to clear my head...

Ok, that was it, 7 slightly interesting things about myself. :) I'm tagging:
1. Donna from Nid de Tissus
2. Lily from The House of Mirth

Have a happy sewing week!

8 comments:

  1. We're having a flashback to summer too! It's weird, but I'm not complaining. :) Thank you so much for passing on the award to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for labels. Ever since I got mine I felt like a pro (I even thought of attaching one to my mailbox...I have way too many)
    I really like Kasespatzle...a German colleague made them once and they are great.
    I just got some fabric from this German shop
    http://www.stoffe.de/ they have pretty good deals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting the award, and I enjoyed reading those things about you. Do you still have the other diary/blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Donna: You're welcome! :) Since July wasn't anything to write home about, I think it's only fair that we get a summery September...

    @Sewing Princess: :D I got 100, which is probably way too much, too. But: labels! ;) Thanks for the stoffe.de tip, they really have good deals! I'm not a big fan of shopping online for fabric, but couldn't resist getting a few things...

    @Carolyn: My old blog is still online, but written in German. I think I backed up the entries at some point, too... It's just too funny, reading about my thoughts, like, seven years ago... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photos! They always look so vibrant- I guess that's you, the colours you wear which really suit you and the light. Fab. Nice to read a bit more about you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! :) Honestly? I use picnik for almost all the photos on my blog. My favorite technique is the "cross processing" feature... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so happy in the sun! Thanks for the award. I'm a list maker too, but it doesn't seem to help me get much done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey stranger, love following along. Polka dot counts!! And I want me some labels too, where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete