Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Awards and Awesomeness

Oh Spring, have you always been this busy? Quite apart from real life, which is keeping me from the laziness of spring break that I've been accustomed to for the last 5 years of university with internship (which is going splendidly, btw), additional rehersals (including a weekend at a rehersal retreat) for a choir concert and another weekend of performances with my drama group - there are also an incredible number of cool and intriguing projects going on in the sewing blogosphere!

I've already decided to take part in Tilly's One Week, One Pattern from March 24-30, using a self-drafted knit-top pattern (which is also the basis for the spring polka-dot dress). Then there's Julia Bobbin's MadMan dress challenge, which would actually work really well with a dress that I've had on my to-sew list for over a year, anyway! And let's not even mention Sarah's Sew Cinematic and Sew Colette (which, incidentally, is already on its third garment, the lovely Truffle dress, while I found out this weekend that I need to buy some more interfacing to finish my first item, the Meringue skirt). So many projects, so little time! And thinking about which one to tackle first actually makes me procrastinate, because I can't decide...

However, a lot of very awesome things have happened in the last couple of weeks. For one, I received three awards. Three!

The Liebster Blog award was given to me by Becky from Sew and So, of knitting and rain coat fame. Thank you, Becky! The rules are to give the award to five blogs that you enjoy reading, that have less than 200 followers.
I'd like to give this award to these blogs:

Vicki Kate from VickiKateMakes
Madalynne
Lisette from What would Nancy Drew wear?
Liza Jane from LizaJaneSews


Also, my dear readers, I would like to point out that this award is actually German in origin and has no connection whatsoever to lobsters or other crustaceans. Really. "Liebster" actually means "dearest" in my mother tongue, another translation could be "favorite". :)

I've also received a Sunshine award from Donna from Nid de Tissus. Thank you! :) This one even comes with questions, and is supposed to go to 10 blogs that bring sunshine into my life.
Favorite Color: Does polka-dot count? Because if not, my answer is rainbow!
Favorite Animal: Cats.
Favorite Number: Pie. Uh, pi, I mean. Closely followed by e and 8.
Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Water. Cappuccino. Herbal spice tea.
Facebook or Twitter: Facebook.
My Passion: Aside from sewing? Probably eating really well. And music.
Getting or Giving Presents: Depends. I love both giving and receiving thoughtful presents. ;)
Favorite Pattern: I can't quite decide between the Colette Macaron and the Colette Crepe dress. I love wearing both!
Favorite Day of the Week: Currently Saturday, predictably.
Favorite Flower: Pink tulips. Although I'd be just as happy to get a bouquet of edible blossoms or fresh herbs like rosemary and thyme.
Favorite celebrity role model: I really don't keep up with celebrities. I have inspirational postcards of Einstein and the Dalai Lama hanging over my desk, though. Does that count?

Ali from The Wardrobe, Reimagined
Jessica from A Yen For Craft
Roobeedoo
Scruffy Badger
Dixie DIY
Sigrid from Analog Me
Karen from Did You Make That
Marie from A Sewing Odyssey
Reana Louise from Curves, Patterns and Pins
Abby from Sew Get Dressed

If you don't do awards or have already received it, feel free to ignore this, though!

Ok, three time's the charm! Dee from Seams Sustainable has given me a Versatile Blogger award. I've actually already gotten that one a while ago, so I won't answer the questions again. But thank you, Dee!

I actually wanted to tell you about a few more awesome things that recently happened, but I was supposed to be in bed 45 minutes ago, so I'll postpone that until next time. ;) I'll leave you with a picture of last Sunday's outfit and hope you'll have a fantastic week!

yay for spring weather!

10 comments:

  1. I love that Macaron dress - so pretty! Congratulations on your well-deserved awards! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, guess what?! I just came here to tell you that I gave you sunshine award. Ha ha, funny! I think your blog is sunshine-y and fabulous. Thanks so much!

    http://lizajanesews.blogspot.com/2012/03/sunshine.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOhh Alessa!!! Thank you very much for your award! I am very grateful to receive this mention.
    I´ll try to do the same and give this nice new to others 5 blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you alessa for nominating me for this award and I love your answers, made me chuckle! And I know exactly what you mean about so much to do, so little time! You do always sound delightfully busy though, its never something you moan about, so I think you are getting it right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks for the mention - and for introducing me to some new blogs. You're getting a lot of sewing done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved reading your answers Alessa! And I hope you have a wonderful week! I'll join you in saying "yay!", for me it is for autumn weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your 3 awards and thank you for mine! It has made my day sparkle. You are truly such a doll! I just loved your answers to your questions - Pi, polka dots, and Einstein. Brilliant! Oh, and thank you for clarifying what Liebster means. I too was one of those individuals who thought it related to a crustacean or Justin Bieber :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you sweetie! Sorry its taken me a few days to get to you, but its been silly this week! Congratulations on your hat trick - you deserve all the awards!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your awards! So exciting! I agree with you, so many great projects and so little time to sew/craft. Would be great to take some time off just for crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the awards ;) and thanks for passing it on! And I know what you mean about Spring being so busy! I wasn't able to finished some of the challenges that I had hoped to. I'm going to try to do the Cinematic one and then force myself to take a break!

    ReplyDelete