Friday, March 23, 2012

Family Fashion Archive

A bit late, but thanks for all your lovely comments on my Pictorial Family History post! :) I'm glad that so many of you enjoyed seeing the pictures, and I'm thrilled that some of you have been thinking about posting some pictures of your own!

Debbie posted some lovely pictures right away, and Catherine posted some amazing 19th century photos of her family! Debbie also had the very cool idea of starting a flickr group for collecting everybody's family pictures that showcase the fashions of the past. I volonteered to make a button and we've decided to call it the Family Fashion Archive!
For now, it's invitation only, so if you'd like to post your pictures, just comment on this post or on Debbie's blog, or send us a request via flickr.
I'm really looking forward to seeing some more photographs! :)

Have a lovely weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I have some family photos from the 1930s that I would like to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your invite and for the mention Alessa! I have so many photos you might regret this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat, I'll have to think about contributing a few!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to join in Alessa! I will just have to borrow a few photos, and get my relatives' permission, but please count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, I was also saying on Minnado's House that I'd love to post pics of my Mum as she made all of her clothes in the 60s & 70s & always looked so well dressed & stylish. She's too modest though & wouldn't like me to upload her! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to be a part of this. I have some pretty stellar family photos with some even more stellar outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I don't have enough family photos in my apartment, but am really going to enjoy being a spectator :)

    ReplyDelete