Saturday, March 31, 2012

One Week, One Pattern!

Oh my gosh, what a week!

I'm not quite sure if I've ever been this mind-bogglingly busy before, for 7 days straight! And right during OWOP, too! I faithfully wore something made from my self-drafted knit top pattern every day!

It all started out with choir rehersal weekend, which was all kinds of wonderful and amazing.
OWOP Day 1: Polka-dot dress. See me rock the ballet flats & socks look! We actually went dipping into the lake a couple hours later, it turned out to be that warm!
But singing 10h a day, while incredibly elating, is also kinda exhausting. Especially if one night turns out to be an hour short.
OWOP Day 2: striped tee. We spent the weekend in a youth hostel an hour from Berlin. The landscape was very pretty!
Which mixed me up even worse, because by my inner clock, it meant getting up at 5:30 on Monday morning, only to work 8.5h, go swimming (possibly a dumb idea, but I had an hour to kill before rehersal and it would have taken too long to head home and take a nap...) and then sing for another 3h. Guess who got home and fell straight into bed?
OWOP Day 3: black longsleeve, layered with a thrifted top.
I met a friend for pizza after work on Tuesday. It was nice catching up! Of course I didn't manage going to bed early, though...
OWOP Day 4: striped longsleeve, and also my first successful knit garment ever!
Pilates and another choir rehersal after work. At least my inner clock is slowly getting used to the time now, and the weather is still so nice! Cycling in the sun certainly helps!
OWOP Day 5: Zoe ruffle top, layered over floral Macaron. I very seldom wear this top, it feels just a bit too short... I think I need to add a hem band, if I can find some more of the fabric...
Day off, yay! Which means I finally got to finish dress no. 2 from my OWOP pattern - as my sewing machine got confused by a thread change last Friday and seized up on the last 10cm of side seam sewing!
OWOP Day 6: V-neck dress. Look Oona, it's a non-polka-dot pattern! I used the Renfrew instructions for the v-neck. They are great! Also: bye, summer weather! Welcome back, spring!
As I actually spent half the day in jammies catching up on blog-posts and cleaning the flat (and I only have 6 OWOP makes), the dress deserved another half day of wear.
OWOP Day 7: V-neck dress paired with a cardi I thrifted in Oxford. I think it needs another couple of buttons added...
I got to leave work early, as my supervising doctor was very understanding about needing to prepare for the choir concert. And honestly, it was a slow day anyway. But we totally rocked the concert! I think tickets were almost sold out, and we got to sing two encores! :D So in the end, it definitely was all worth losing some sleep - though I definitely enjoyed sleeping in and having a leisurely cappuccino in bed today!

Today I'm meeting some sewists I've never met before for coffee. Should be fun! :D

Do you have anything planned for the weekend? Whatever it is, have a wonderful time!

21 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe you have all of these items from one self drafted pattern. It's so neat that you wore a hand made item every day (I realize this was the whole point of the OWOP challenge, but I always impressed by those who participate). The last dress is my favorite - I love the print in the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your OWOP looks! I think my favorite thing about this challenge has been seeing everyone's real everyday looks. Gosh you sound like you've been very busy! I hope you get caught up on sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many looks from one pattern, fantastic. I'm still so impressed its self drafted, and you show that sewing knits brings such great stylish, practical and unique clothing. I love seeing your everyday bright style too. Well done with such a busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your looks! I totally chickened out on OWOP. :( Congrats on your choir concert. I too love to sing but the choir teacher at my university is kind of a jerk so I only did two semesters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your outfits, Alessa! You have such a great sense of style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flower dress! I love the polka dot boots you put with it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfits, my favourite was day 6

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow so busy, makes me tired just reading about your weeek! I love the dress version, oh and the stripes too. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a busy week, but we had a good time!!! Your outfits are so different, I love the polka dots dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a versatile pattern, your outfits looks so different each day! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Phew, what a week- I feel tired just reading about your busy days! I love how different you make the outfits - hard to pick a favourite. They are inspiring me to go and sew! I love the stripey top as I am a big fan of stripes! The new v neck dress really suits you. I love the polka dot dress too. Hope you are relaxing this weekend. You ask what we are doing this weekend? Not a lot, though today (sunday) I have to take Little I to a birthday party in a sports hall, as she is only 4, I will stay there for two hours, then come home again. I hope to squeeze in a little stitching but depends on how the baby behaves! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! Hope you have fun meeting the other sewists - I'm sure you wil :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the patterned dress, it's gorgeous. Looks like you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly had a successful OWOP week:) Your outfits look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You looked gorgeous all throughout OWOP! And such a busy week; I'm glad your singing concert went so well. Your patterned dress is really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Busy bee! And stylish throughout! Now go celebrate that it's over :) Sounds like even with the coffee, you'll be able to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been meaning to tell you congrats! This is such a great example of how a single, great pattern can get you far (lots of options -- and well-equipped for a full life :).

    I'm finally tackling the mountain of knits I bought in LA, it feels good to go through the stash, but even better to love and wear what I'm making :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ballet flats & socks look....loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, I'm glad you saw the funny side of the lemon tart! My husband really is an excellent cook, I was not kidding about that part. The recipe is to blame.
    Although my husband reckoned I should just correct myself to mention that I got the pictures the wrong way around ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Alessa, very nice to have you on board for MMMay'12! You looked totally lovely all OWOP! week

    All the best
    Zoe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your outfits are fantastic! I love that all of these versions came from the same pattern - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete