Working an official 8.5h day (9h if I count changing time, 10h between leaving home and getting back, if I don't have anything else to do on the way) is a real change of pace from my relaxed student life of a few weeks ago. It isn't even that exhausting, after a couple of days of getting used to the new rhythm of the alarm clock ringing at 6:30 and being on my feet most of the day. I guess I'm just struggling with finding a bit of structure for my free time, and spending almost all daylight hours working is adding to it. Night time is reading-and-computer time for me, so I don't get a lot of things done. But only two more weeks until daylight saving time! :)
So, let me quit complaining. Internship is actually going quite well. :) Paeds is lovely, my direct supervisors are very friendly and my consultant is sarcastic and direct, but nice (and actually quite funny sometimes). I've even had my own little patients this past week (consulting with my supervisor, of course) and I have written my fair share of discharge letters, which makes me feel useful. I'm on the school-age ward for the next seven weeks, but depending on how many kids there are, we also get a few little ones (the most adorable, giggling two year old, yesterday) and even a couple of newborns. Awww. :) Um, yes. I'm also supposed to have a 4 week rotation in neonates. Awwww! :) Anyway.
Piles you might be more interesting in: the new additions to my fabric stash, curtsey of Goldhawk Road and Walthamstow Market.
Um yes. Do you see a (polka dot) pattern?
Can you tell I had great fun at the fabric shops? :D I had some more fun at the supermarket as well. Did I ever mention I have a thing for tea?
Though honestly, my thing for pretty things is just as big. Does anybody else buy tea by the prettiness of the packaging?
1. Using a custom-fit sloper to alter a commercial pattern at My Measuring-Tape - sounds incredibly useful (if only I had a sloper...)
2. Cute reversible bag pattern and tutorial by Verypurpleperson - I'm probably the last to find this, thank you, Maider!
How to draft a block/sloper pattern by Madalynne - so I can then use it with commercial patterns, see above, yes?
4. Tilly's One Week, One Pattern challenge from Mar. 24 to Mar. 30. I have no idea yet what pattern to use. Maybe my self-drafted jersey longsleeve? Or is that too boring?
A pictorial family history, courtsy of Minnado! :)
6. Dixie's list of bra suppy sources - I've been playing with the idea of bra-making. Have you seen Sarai's amazing bra-slip?
7. Delightfully Tacky's tips for taking outfit photos - she's a style blogger with some really nice pictures, and I've been meaning to put a bit more thought into the photographic presentation of my garments...
And now I'm off to bed, so I won't miss out on beauty sleep! ;) Have a lovely rest of the week!