Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stuff and Spring Cardi update

Could someone please remind me not to stuff five consecutive weekends full of important dates ever again? I feel like I haven't stood still in close to forever!

Last weekend was a re-uptake of my drama group's performance Ajax//Don Quichotte from last November. We were asked to do another three performances in a little theater in Berlin, and even though most of our friends had already seen it, we had quite an attendance. And it was a lot of fun! Half of it is improv performance, which is great in any case, and our director and the moderator had a couple of very awesome ideas to liven up what was probably going to be our last performances of this particular play. You can have a look at a little trailer of our performance if you don't mind that it's in German, and see me act. ;)
With everything, of course I didn't manage to finish my spring cardi, which was due yesterday. Have a look here at all the other lovely (and finished!) cardis! I'm still working on the sleeves, which I want to be about elbow-length. But as I have another rather long train-journey this weekend, I shouldn't take that much longer.
I'll also have to find out how a three-needle-bindoff works, which is supposed to join the shoulders. I guess we'll see.
Other stuff I've been meaning to talk about: pyjamas! You've probably heard about Karen's sew-along, and I have resolved to actually take part, as I hope to have more sewing time come next week!


I've already thought if a fabric (a rose-print and checkers IKEA sheet) and pattern (Colette's Sorbetto and Madeleine)!

Then there's of course Colette's Spring&Summer Palette challenge. There's tentative plans in my head, although I'm not quite sure if they fit any palette... ;) Yellow and turqoise/seafoam are two colours I'm very fascinated with at the moment. I'm pretty sure they'd look questionable in combination with my skin colour, though. Another subject I'll have time to think about, and possibly sketch out, on the train journey this weekend.
I'll leave you with another video, this one from my choir concert last month. Just in case you've always wanted to hear me sing. ;)
Have a lovely week!

16 comments:

  1. You are one talented lady!!! Your cardigan looks lovely and I hope you join in the CP Palette challenge. I think you'd look great in yellow and aqua/turquoise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, you looked so cute bopping about in the choir video Alessa! And like you were have a great time. Your pyjama fabric sounds adorable, and I can't wait to see it!
    I thought about joining the sewalong too, but then I ripped my old pj's and just had to run up some new ones very quickly! But I think I will still join in, even if mine are finished now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love three needle bind-offs; they are easy to do and I like how they look. Thanks for sharing your 'other life' with us - congrats on the play's success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I am totally obsessed with that song recently!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thought of using Sorbetto as pjs had never occurred to me, but it's a good one! It sounds like all of the performing has been going well for you, too, and I'm glad for you. :)
    Btw, those palette colors sound fabulous! I kind of wish I'd thought about this when I was making my spring plans, because I feel like my palette is kind of boring, but hopefully it'll result in some much-needed basics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is so cool that when you are not sewing/knitting you are a part of a choir. So so cool. The cardi looks like it's coming along quite nicely and I hope you finish it this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Alessa, you have so much going for you, acting, singing, knitting and sewing. And all the while you are training to become an doctor as well. You're like superwoman!:-) Your cardi looks like it's coming along so nicely, and I love how happy you all look in your choir video. Fun!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, woman, I've never known someone who could juggle medicine AND theater AND singing AND sewing AND knitting -- you're superwoman ;) Congrats on all fronts -- always fascinating to see peeks into folks' lives. And looking forward to seeing that cardi (a major achievement in itself!)/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alessa, I really enjoyed watching your vids. You look so happy in the choir. Great version of that song too. The cardi is coming on well. I agree with Ali and Solvi - you are superwoman !! Have a great weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday Alessa! I left you a little blogging love on my site today so head on over and check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you are uber-talented. it looks like you are involved with some very fun activities as well as being in medical school. The cardi looks like it is coming along well. That lacy blue fabric is going to be perfect on cool spring nights.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Alessa,
    I like your spring cardi, beautiful colour and your coir concert video is so funny. Well done :D
    Yesterday was the sewing circle and it was very, very nice.
    What a pitty that you couldn't get there too.
    I'm looking forward to meet you next time?!
    best wishes
    chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where do you find time for everything?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the 3-needle bind off! It is my new best friend!
    And look at you on stage! So much energy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i wish i understood german!!! love the shots of you questioning the audience... and the choir video is magnificent. the boys in the front row are killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cool to hear your voice. You're very talented! It's great you find time to follow your passions

    ReplyDelete