Sunday, May 27, 2012

Me-Made May Days 22-26


Day 22: summery striped jersey dress, made with Goldhawk Road fabric from my trip to London&Oxford in February. I only had one meter, because I meant to make long-sleeved shirt, but managed to squeeze a whole dress out of it! Ladybugs seem to like it. I do, too. The fountain is located in a little park around the corner from my flat.
Day 23: summery striped dress with me-made leggings. The red accessories and leggings take it from beach-wear to everyday-approproate, or so I like to think. And look, I can fly! Across the Brandenburg Gate and over to East Germany, if I so like! ;)
Day 24: green ballet wrap dress, in front of a red door in a lovely little street full of cafés, boutiques and restaurants, that's part of my cycle home from work. I'm in two minds about the dress, I love the blossom shape of the skirt but I'm not quite sure if I'm comfortable with the deep neckline and high skirt overlap. I guess it looks alright with the nude-colored slip I'm wearing underneath.
Day 25: strawberry Macaron in one of the hip streets of Kreuzberg! I took it in and shortened it a tiny bit since my last wearing, and like it even better now. I will need to wear shorts the next time I hop onto a bike, though, as it looks just a bit indecent this way. And for my next Macaron I will try a skirt with more flare! And yes, I totally forgot it was Friday, and hadn't even looked up the challenge for this week! Do you think anybody will realize if I swap in Day 22 instead...? ;)
Day 26: top-into-dress refashion, in front of Charlottenburg Castle (yes, again... it's the sight nearest to my flat, plus it's pretty!).

This work-week seemed rather short to me, situated as it was in between two long weekends (not Memorial Day, obviously. We get Pentecost off). The lovely, lovely summer weather may also have done its part. I'm doing my rotation in the PICU now, which is interesting intellectually, but there's a lot less hands-on work than in the A&E - especially for me as a student. We'll see how it goes next week, and after that I may rotate into neonates. Little babies! Although I hear they have a bit of a hands-off policy for students...

16 comments:

  1. Sooo viele tolle Outfits! Wahnsinn!!! :))))

    GLG
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in outfit heaven! Plus, you have a CASTLE near your flat?! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that green wrap ballet dress! You look so va-va-voom! Is it a pattern? I would love to copy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sallie! It's self-drafted, actually. Well, sewn on-the-fly, I didn't even make a pattern. You're welcome to copy it, I can send you a sketch if you'd like. :)

      Delete
  4. What cute outfits this week, especially the little green dress...I love it! And how cool that you got to visit Goldhawk Road! I think everyone in the world should get the chance at least once ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute week,your macaroon is my fav outfit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute dresses. Loving the stripped jersey dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the scenery (and your me mades)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! You have a really nice me-made wardrobe. I'm sure your friends have been drooling all month :). I know I have been! Also, I love the green dress ... though I suppose it's one thing for me to love (and covet) through the computer screen and another to handle the day-to-day realities of how high (and low) it sits. Still, I've sometimes found that a shorter skirt/dress with tights makes me less self-conscious, if it is a material that would work in fall?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! More knit things of Alessa's I would steal given the opportunity! That. Striped. Dress. Sheesh, lady. You're making me cra-a-a-zy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good gracious - looking at all of your amazing backgrounds has me LONGING to go back to Germany and visit again! I adore the green wrap dress paired with the nude slip - I think they work very well together. And that macaron? Still one of my favorite creations of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such great photos - they are all so much fun and the backgrounds are all quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that striped dress. You always have such nice outfits and photos! I have really enjoyed seeing a bit of your life and where you live this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the stripes! It is so incredibly cute and fits you perfectly! You´ve entertained with lots of cute photos and outfits this month - your me-made wardrobe is so cute, Alessa! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the stripes, it is the cutest! And your photos and outfits have been so pretty all throughout May!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving your me made May clothes - they're so stylish and well-made, good job!

    ReplyDelete