Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MMM Days 5-9

Hi everyone! Most of you will probably be happy to hear that the summer weather hasn't quite held, although we're back to temperatures where no jacket is needed during the day, after a coldspell last weekend. No more summer rain though. Hmpf.

Anyway, I had a lovely weekend, finally finishing up my cardi (featured below) and a grey rose print dress (unworn as of yet) as well as starting a strawberry-print Macaron!  I didn't get to finish it, yet, and I'm spending the weekend gallivanting around the country again (actually, visiting a friend in Switzerland to watch her newest play and visiting my parents on the way) so that will be my task for next week.
May 5: Me-made Sailor Crepe and new spring cardi. The pattern is Horseshoes Cardigan by Lien Ngo, although in a totally reckless firstie attempt, I shortened the bodice, lengthened the sleeves, and only cast on 3/4 of the stitches because I decided on short notice to use a yarn with a different gauge. It worked out surprisingly fine, if I do say so myself. :D There may be more close-ups, including of the cute, carved, wooden buttons, at a later time. Also, I actually spent most of the weekend in my new rosy PJs, but we went to see some friends with their improv theater performance, so I chose to dress up a bit for the occasion.
May 6: me-made linen trousers and stripey t-shirt (and red shrug received at a clothing exchange) at the May Fair. Aren't candy apples the greatest? :D We went as a group after choir practice and had loads of sweets and Crepe with Kinder chocolate and grilled sausages, and then had a go at the boxcars and some spinny rides. I love the thrill or going round and round very fast! *g*

May 7: After spending the night at the fair, of course Monday morning came way too early, so I put on the first comfy piece of clothing I could find: my polka-dot jersey dress, paired with the spring cardi and a pair of blue RTW leggins. I feel like I'm wearing a lot of blue lately...
May 8: me-made linen trousers and refashioned coral cardi. Not the most inspiring choice, but I really like the colour combination. This is also not a sight, just some statue in a lovely little park that I happened to cycle by. If I wasn't becoming a doctor, I might think of a carreer as an olympic spear thrower... ;)
May 9: today I wore the coral cardi again, paired with my first ever skirt, made of strawberry print quilting cotton. The rest of which is in the process of becoming aforementioned Macaron. The fabric is just so cute, and very soft for a quilting cotton! The background is Bode Museum, which I've actually never been inside of, but it's supposed to be very nice.

Are you enjoying my little tour-by-pictures around Berlin? It's fun thinking about what stations along my day-to-day life are interesting enough (or not too far out of the way) to show you next.

Btw, I'm sorry for not doing a lot of commenting right now, both on the MMM flickr group and on your blogs. My reader is already overflowing again since last Sunday, as I'm currently working on my little netbook screen, because the bigger one I usually use is occupied by my b/f preparing a paper about some film or other. And I'm sure I won't have a lot of time for the lovely WWW this weekend, either. I'll try to catch up next week. :) Have a lovely end of the week, everyone, and keep rocking those me-mades (if you're participating in MMM or not)!

20 comments:

  1. I love your MMMay Berlin tour! So fun! Your outfits are terrific and I have to make that cardigan for myself! I'm making a Macaron in cherries - we'll be a fruit salad! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your outfits are just so lovely! And I love seeing you all around the city of Berlin (I've never been to Europe). In Philadelphia, it has been the same weather - cold some days, hot other days. Can the weather make up its mind already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable! I love your spring cardi! I'm always so in awe of people who knit. And I love the peek around Berlin. I've always wanted to travel there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your outfits look wonderful and the new cardigan is so pretty too!
    You live a very full life always here there and everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the berlin tour! Your outfits are divine, you know I love your colours! And the way you casually mention your freestylying approach to your spring cardi knitting? In awe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful new cardigan! I'm so impressed with the changes you made; I am so fearful of altering much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red and navy really suit you. All your outfits look so pretty and nautical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous outfits and I love how co-ordinated they are. Loving the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. More details on the new cardi please! Your picture is lovely, but I want to see more. I love your pose for day 8 - though your form might be a little off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing your me-mades, so easy-going and stylish! :) I also like the way you wear crop cardis (I haven't ventured that far, but it would be great to try and knit one).

    ReplyDelete
  11. schick siehst du aus, tolle outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blue cardi turned out great and looks so good with all your blue and red clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deine Outfits sind so was von toll!!! Stehen dir suuuper!
    Hab ein schönes Wochenende!
    GLG
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfits and I am loving the glimpses of Berlin in your photos. I am behind on commenting too - been unwell! The new spring cardi looks lovely - well done for finishing it! Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have been loving this little tour of Berlin :-). Inspired! Great outfits, love how well all your pieces look together. I do hope you do a separate post showcasing this new cardi, it looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The main reason I didn't do MMM this year was because I knew I'd have a hard time taking pictures. Perhaps if I lived in Berlin I'd be so inspired by my surroundings that I'd take tons of pictures! Great outfits! And I'm jealous of your knitting skills. That first cardi looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your posts - you have the best outfit/background combinations in the history of the internet :) I am enjoying all of these so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all of your outfits and the photos!

    ReplyDelete