Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summer Sparks Sew-along Wrap-up & Winner!

Thank you, everyone, for participating in the Summer Sparks Sew-along and congratulations on finishing your garments! As of today, I've counted 34 entries - some of you even took the time to make two! And what a lovely lot they are, I've already added a few items to my imaginary to-sew list for the summer. Since this summer has been and is going to be rather busy to me, and I still haven't managed to work on my self-drafted shirt-dress any more, we'll see how that will go. ;)
So, before announcing the winner of my part of the Summer Sparks giveaway, I will present you with the list of patterns used, that Ali has graciously put together:

Dresses, Knit
Ali's nautical inspired Jalie 3024 - I love the fluttery sleeves!

McCall 6659 (maxi dress) by knottygnome
McCall 5974 by Sarah
Jalie 3024 by Ali

Dresses, Woven

Simplicity 1803 by Shanni Loves - isn't the fabric gorgeous?

Simplicity 1803 by Shanni Loves
Sewaholic Lonsdale by SunnyB64
Sewaholic Lonsdale by KristenMakes
Butterick 443 (modified) by Guineveresmom
Butterick 5028 by banevels
New Look 6048 by shelshel
McCall 6349 by simplybeu
Simplicity 2246 by Minnado
Self-drafted by ayenforcraft
Self-drafted (with hand-dyed fabric!) by Tasha Miller Griffith
Self-drafted by Ana5059
Simplicity 6402 by SewWell
Vogue 1190 by BTStars
McCall 4440 by msjennyhomemaker
Butterick 4699 refashion by Sarah
Colette Rooibos (as a gift) by Alessa

Jacket

Vogue 7975 jacket
Isn't this Chanel-esque jacket beautiful?

Vogue 7995 by starryfish52

Skirts
Look at that gorgeous pleated Burda skirt by Merche!
Burda 05-12-113 by Merche
Vogue 2043 by Lucia Pixelada


Tops


Maider's lovely vichy peasant blouse.

Lutterloh 101 by Karamiel
Burda 06-2011-124 by Maider
Self-drafted by Yvette
Simplicity 3596 by foster2023
Scout Woven Tee by FutureNakano and Gingermakes
Vogue 1282 by Merche

Trouser/Shorts

Summery aqua capri trousers by Karamiel.
Lutterloh 236 (60s) by Karamiel
Burda 03-12-114B by Maider
New Look 6100 (modified with handpainted polka dots!) by jill with love


So, have you found inspiration by those lovely summer garments? Personally, I'd love to sew a citrus-y dress like Sarah, and a Lonsdale in a cute flowery print, and a pair of polka-dotted shorts would be totally awesome!
Ok, now on to the giveaway! You remember that Ali is giving away an indie sewing pattern of your choice, Sarah has provided a lovely orange seersucker fabric, and I'm giving away the blue and white flowery crepe fabric below, with some matching off-white crepe lining.
We put all of your entries that were uploaded to the flickr group into a pot and each of us drew a winner. My random generator chose...

*drumroll*

... Karamiel with her lovely Lutterloh capri trousers! Congratulations, Karamiel! Please contact me with your mailing address at aldara at gmx dot net.

Both Ali and Sarah are going to announce their winners on their own blogs shortly.

What are your sewing plans for the rest of the summer?

7 comments:

  1. I'm the happy winner ! How lucky ! Thank you so much. It was great to be part of the challenge, although the capris did give me some worries !
    As for sewing plans for the rest of the summer, I'm still at home for a week and will try to make a dress before going on holidays. Then, I won't have access to a sewing machine...I may draw some patterns and cut the fabrics so that I'm ready to sew when I'm back !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to those ladies! I'm sorry I wasn't a part of this!

    I have a couple of sewing projects on my plate for this summer. One is a matchy match short and top (http://www.madalynne.com/new-project-2) and another is sewing a panty and bra set. I'm getting close to finishing and I'm super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning at least one more summery garment for myself, a maxi-dress, and I got sent a Moon-Mukie mystery package that actually made me squeal like a middle-schooler when I opened it up, so I will be getting to that pretty quickly. Past that, my dining room table is strewn with multiple patterns and fabrics for some serious stash-busting with the goal of Guinevere's school wardrobe for Kinder being mostly mommy-made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the winner!
    Thanks for sharing my picture, Alessa. I´m planning to sew a linen dress, but I want to sew a quick project, I had no much time because of my job.
    Thanks for co-hosted this great sew-along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am sorry I did not join in now, even though I would have had to do something winter-y, and I am still looking forward to seeing your shirt-dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for hosting! It was really fun to see what everyone made. I am also looking forward to seeing how your shirt dress drafting comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Karamiel!
    Thanks for hosting! This was alot of fun!

    ReplyDelete