Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Last Week...

... I did some sewing. Finally! I took this week pretty slow, but an amazing number of things got done. Started and finished one dress.
Preview of dress #1
Finished another (ok, hemmed and re-fit another. the rest of that one has been done since... September). Pretty much finished a third, but I have issues with the collar, and I'm thinking about changing it. Cut out dress #4.
dress #4, currently on my sewing table
And apart from sewing, I had some lovely time with good friends. A yummy dinner of oven-roasted veg&pumpkin with a bunch of them, followed by a night of improv theater with mostly the same bunch of friends the day after, coffee with a lovely acquaintance who's in Berlin for the weekend, a visit to the Turkish fabric market and falafel with my best girlfriend, coffee and a walk through the park with my best guy friend. Has it only been a week?
fabric market purchases from this week - all jersey/knit fabric. :)
fabric market purchases from a little while ago: wooly sweater knit in green(ish) and petrol sweater jersey
Oh, and while we're at it: this is the lovely stretch lace that I bought in Italy. *happy sigh*
blue and black stretch lace
On top of that, the weather has been so beautiful, with lots of glowing autumn light and almost summery temperatures. I've ridden my bike almost everywhere instead of taking public transport, which always makes me happy.
the tree in our courtyard
The weather is supposed to be nice until the middle of this week. For afterwards, I've already bought a pair of "earbags". Actually, they've been pretty awesome while biking this week, too. I've also remembered that I lost one of my fingerless gloves last year. And I don't have any of the yarn I used leftover. I checked. Twice. So. Making a new pair in another colour? I have both green and sky blue wool in that weight. Trying to find the same colour of yarn and make another one to match? Making the right mitten in a contrast colour (again, green or blue) and wear them mixed up? Or make an entirely different pair in that light green baby alpaca silk I've got lying around...? Decisions...
Ear bags (which match my new red sweater jersey) and a single left glove
In totally unrelated things, have you seen these awesome shoes that StephC painted hersef? I've got major shoe envy...
Also: did you know that the London-based SewOverIt shop has released some patterns of their own? I'm totally in love with this 1940s Tea Dress:
And Kathryn has put together some very good tips for topstitching, which I had to bookmark right away. Because there's a small heap of denim fabrics that wants to be made into garments. You know.
I'll leave you with a view of the amazing sunset that we had from our balcony a couple of days ago. :)
sunset from the balcony. isn't my picture captioning amazingly witty?

3 comments:

  1. What a week! So exciting and productive. I am looking for knit polka dot fabric all over... Maybe I should go to Berlin for that;) nice sunset. Love the design on your 'ear bags'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric purchases, I am looking forward to seeing what you make. Coffee, falafel and the gorgeous weather all sound so good :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love that pattern! I've never heard of that company, so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete