Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Crazy April - Italian version

Oh, hi there! It probably won't surprise you that my April did not turn out appreciably less crazy than March... Although there was some sewing!

There was also some gardening.

And an Easter holiday in Lana, Alto Adige, Italy.
Capucchino.


 Beautiful weather.
  Beautiful flowers.
 Pictures worth taking.
 Some me-mades (a.k.a. polka-dot leggings on the left and a new Moss skirt on the right!)
 A pretty amazing view.
New shoes. They're the most expensive pair I've ever bought, but they're Italian calf leather. And SO amazing!

Somehow, I didn't take any pictures of the food, which was also amazing. I left my knitting at home by accident, so no crafty things got done whatsoever. If you don't count cooking or baking, anyway. But I finished two Moss skirts (a blue wearable muslin, made from a fabric I've never heard about before: Ramie, and the flowery one made of stretch cotton/denim seen above) right in time for my holiday! I hammered a jeans button! More about that later - right after I finish telling you about the green Lolas...

...

Crazy or not, this is my absolute favorite time of the year. Lilacs are blooming. Chestnuts are blooming. The air smells incredibly sweet and flowery. It's almost warm enough to leave the house without a jacket in the morning. There's sunshine, and in between there's rain, and even the rain smells amazing. There's the first asparagus and the first strawberries, and it's warm enough to have dinner on the balcony. And I'm in no way exaggerating: there's no nicer smelling month than April. Warm rain on lilac and chestnut blossoms. It's the essence of early summer. And it makes me incredibly happy. :-)
And now I'm going to relinquish you from my babbling. There's going to be some more sewing related stuff soon. I promise.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Alessa, I feel a wee bit jealous of your Italian holiday. It looks wonderful:) Those new shoes are great too. I agree with loving this time of year, though i have to say I like May probably more than April, but I think spring/early summer here may be a bit behind yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your description of your springtime. Especially the smells! I have just rediscovered strawberries too - magical.
    By the way, ramie is another word for hemp fabric, at least in English. I like it, it softens up with time the way linen does, and is supposed to last well.
    Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dreamstress just posted about a shift she made from ramie! It's made from nettles, not hemp: http://thedreamstress.com/2014/04/a-smock-of-nettles/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love your shoes! And your new skirt - perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new pair of shoes are simply perfect! I love this kind of shoes!!
    It seems that you have a nice april :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your babbling and awesome pictures put me a bit in spring mood as well. And that is well needed here in rainy London. I am looking forward to see your Lola and read about your hammered button.

    ReplyDelete