Saturday, April 30, 2016

It's time again for Me Made May!

Hey everyone! Are you having a good spring? The weather in my parts is still pretty cold and changable - hailstorm one second, sunshine the next. But everything is in bloom, so pretty! I'm definitely looking forward to warmer days, though. Sooo frustrating to have to still wear thick tights when it's almost May already!

I didn't accomplish much sewing this month. Sometimes, other hobbies take precedence and spring seems to be the time for singing. Both my choir and the vocal ensemble that I'm participating in are gearing up for concerts. The first one was last weekend and there are three more between now and the end of June, so there's a flurry of rehersals!

The one thing I did sew in April was a dress for my choir concert. We have assigned colours and I got switched from red to green, so I drafted a quick, sleeveless modification of Onion 2022 with a half-circle skirt, and a bit of black lace overlay. I love how it turned out and may need another one for regular wear at some point...
I'm the one in the front row, in the green dress, obvsly...
Apart from that, I cut out several projects: two woven dresses that have been on my to-sew-list for years, and a couple of jersey dresses. I may get around to sewing those up, one of these days.

Meanwhile, my spring/summer sewing plans are reaching epic proportions. Apart from a pair of black skinny trousers (for that other concert) and another pair of jeans, I have plans for two Sewaholic Minoru jackets (one for spring/autumn and a waterproof rain jacket), a pair of white linen trousers for work when it's hot, and a possibly ridiculous number of dresses from stash fabric... But I guess that deseves a post of its own, soon.

For now, and while it's still (barely) April, here is my pledge for Me Made May 2016!
I, Alessa of farben-freude.blogspot.com, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '16. I endeavour to wear entirely me-made outfits (apart from bras/socks/tights, exercise clothes, shoes and jackets) each day for the duration of May 2016, furthermore I will try to wear as many of my me-made clothes as possible.

I usually wear mostly me-mades anyway, but I'm incredibly lazy in the mornings, and always reach for the same clothes, so in a regular month I wear maybe... five or six different outfits on average? No more than ten, certainly. So here's to mixing it up a bit!
I don't know yet if I will have the time and patience to participate in the flickr group, but I will document my outfits on Instagram and do a few round-up posts here. 

Is anyone else taking part in Me-made May? What's your pledge this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment