Sunday, July 17, 2016

Oh those Summer Day-to-Nights

Last Sunday was a beautiful, warm and sunny summer day, one of those that seem a bit rare over here this year. So when we went out to have some home-made lemonade and macarons, I decided to take the camera with me and take a few quick dress pictures.
These two dresses were actually made last fall, too late in the season for them to be worn. But as I had just bought the perfect pattern - the Maria Denmark Day to Night drape top - they wanted to be made right away.
You could say that I franken-patterned the dresses. The skirts are just plain half-circle skirts, really, but I'm seldon im the mood to play around with string so I used the very convenient Cake Patterns Tiramisu skirt piece.
Both dresses use clear elastic to stabilize the waist and back neckline.
I left the hems raw, since I'm lazy and the jersey doesn't fray.
Both are very drapey rayon jerseys, the green one from the Turkish fabric market in Berlin and the red one from Stoffmarkt Holland.
I guess there's not much else to tell. Both were quick makes, they're very easy to wear and fit into my wardrobe really well. I'm pretty sure I'll make some more dresses with the pattern, and possibly even some tops. ;-) 

I'll leave you with a picture of the delicious macarons we had... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment